Thursday, August 05, 2004

Sue Mrithujayan, Entrepreneur Extraordinaire

Welcome to our radio show called "Extraordinary People" where we interview ordinary people who tell their extraordinary stories.
Shoot me a note, if you would like to be on one of our upcoming shows.

Today we're talking with a fellow blogger and successful business owner
Sue Mrithujayan

Tell our audience a little about your business background?
Sue: I am from India, been here since 1990. I came here for pilot training. Life in America was total tough and I started my business in 1991 April.

As a successful person, how did you get started?
Sue: I started a mini perfume store in McCrory store. That was my first business. In 1992, I got my first baby born. Then I did business in flea market, and shows for an year. In 1994, I got too busy with my new born and had an urge to stay in one place. I moved my business to mall. I had a unique retail store with African american, American Indian, Indian stuff, jewelry, perfumes etc. I sold Avon for a period of time, I was able to sell 25000 or more in three months. Sales was an intersting subject to me, so I was able to do well.

What family activities do you enjoy?
Sue: I work a lot and trying to make the best for my kids, and once I am little more relaxed,I will be able to start my business as a rehab consultant.

What do you like to do in your spare time?
Sue: I am currently taking classes with Excelsior college and planning to continue education for next 4 years.

Are there any tips or advice you would like to offer people?
Sue: There are million ways to make money if you are talented and hard worker. BE POSITIVE, WORK HARD, HAVE THE FAITH, U WILL BE UP THERE. KEEP YOUR DREAM, GET ORGANIZED, IMPLEMENT YOUR WAY, SUCCESS WILL BE THE OUT COME...........

What are your goals and aspirations for the future?
Sue: I would like to be a nurse practioner, so that way I could be more professional in my carreer and business. Also, would like to be a writer. But some call of mind made me to go back to school for nursing, and doing nursing at present. I have a plan to start my own rehab center one day. But not now, may be after 5 years.

Which people have been role models to you?
Sue: PRINCESS DIANA, MOTHER THERESA, MAHATMA GANDHI

What are your favorite books, computer programs or forms of entertainment?
Sue: FAVORITE ROLE MODEL: FAVORITE BOOK: RICHARD BACH'S GIFT OF WINGS
FAVORITE MUSIC: ROCK
FAVORITE SINGERS: 3DOORS DOWN, TRAIN, NICKEL BACK ( SOME DAY I WILL, THIS SONG IS MY FAVORITE), TOM PETTY AND BOSTON.
MOVIES: ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING WITH A TOUCH OF NIGHT SHYMALAN
FAVORITE QUOTE: KIND WORDS ARE THE GIFT FROM GOD AND PASS IT ON (MINE)

What keeps you going in life?
Sue: MY NATURE IS LOVING AND CARING.


VERY POSITIVE ATTITUDE.


I WRITE ON BLOGIT.COM


I LIVE FOR MY KIDS


DEAREST PERSON WAS MY DAD, AND NOW MY KIDS.

No comments: