Sunday, May 15, 2005

Mary Beth Brigleb, Managing Owner of new Image Business Cards

We're just 2 minutes past the hour.

Before going on the air today, successful entrepreneur Mary Beth Brigleb shared one of her favorite sayings which exemplifies Mary Beth's tenacious determination to succeed; "Success is falling down 6 times and getting up 7." -Chinese proverb. If more people had Mary Beth's attitude, no one would even remember how to spell the word - failure. The very unique and innovative products offered through Mary Beth's web site provide "high impact" tools for getting the word out about your business or service. We are honored Mary Beth, you could take time out your busy schedule to visit us in the studio today.

What is the name of your company and what products or services does it provide?
newImage Business Cards, http://www.newImageBC.com . We provide products and services that helps with the very important process of relationship building with your prospects and clients. For example, our greeting card and contact management system that makes thousands of high quality greeting cards available through your keyboard . You pick the card, personalize with your message and we print it, stuff it, put a first class stamp on it and mail it. Fantastic way to send those unexpected card that mean so much. For more information email MaryBeth@imagingarts.us We also offer custom designed full color business cards, and other full color printing.

What role do you play in your organization?
I'm owner, and in charge of product development, sales and operations.

As a successful person, how did you get started?
I worked in the corporate world in many areas of the business, including accounting, budgets and forecasting, inventory management and merchandise planning. I learned a lot about how to run a business.

How did you learn what it takes to succeed?
I'm still learning. Main thing to remember is not to give up and to look forward to what change brings, not what change takes away.

What personal/family activities do you enjoy?
I love to read, work in our garden and my husband and I took up scuba diving a few years ago which I find thrilling.

What experiences in your life have helped you expand who you are as a person?
Well, the latest and largest is leaving the corporate world and regular paychecks to start my own business. It was very scary to take that step. When I look back, nothing that scared me actually happened. And, I've met more people in a year of developing my business than a decade of working in even the largest corporations.

What are your concerns about the world today?
Besides the obvious terrorism, Aids and hunger issues around the world, I'm concerned about the pervasive attitude of entitlement. Many people don't take personal responsibility for anything and expect someone else to pay for their problems. Frivolous lawsuits are an example of this thinking.

If you had all the time and all the money you needed, what types of things would you do? Consider money as no object.
I'd take my extended family on cruises for the holidays so everyone could be together, and no one is stuck doing the cooking and cleaning. I'd get a place on the ocean. And I'd spend most of my time working on the best ways I could find to reduce homelessness and hunger.

Are there any tips or advice you would like to offer people?
Take responsibility, do your research, then get going. Don't wait for all green lights, you'll wait forever.

Are people more interesting than product stories?
I find it interesting to hear about how products are developed by people who found a need or started on one path and the product or use of it morphed in an unexpected way.

What are your goals and aspirations for the future?
To successfully build our business and to learn the path for me to give back, beside monetary donations.

What obstacles do you have to overcome to achieve your goals?
Expand my knowledge in areas I have less experience in like sales. Find the best team to help me and develop the right products to make big growth possible.

Which people have been role models to you?
I've read about many people who have built businesses from nothing as well as people who have made a big positive impact to many others. Also, there are leaders in our community that are very involved in improving conditions for those in need.

What are your favorite books, computer programs, or forms of entertainment?
I love to read. Lately I've read books about, surprise, starting a business. "The E Myth", Rich Dad books and "One Minute Millionaire" are some interesting books that made me look at finances in a new light. I really like the trend in business books that highly recommend giving back, and not waiting until your business is 'successful'. Also books that explore spirituality like Dr. Dyer's 'The Power of Intention'.

What is it that you are most passionate about or gives you the greatest enjoyment in life?
This year it's growing our business. I never felt good about climbing the corporate ladder, even as I did it. Now, I'm testing my ability to bootstrap a business with my husband and it's exciting to watch it grow.

No comments: