Thursday, February 24, 2005

Max Ramirez, President of Max Media Worldwide

It 15 minutes before the hour and somewhere in the world people are working collaboratively to raise each other up.

Joining us in our studio is Max Ramirez, President of Max Media Worldwide and Director of New York Entrepreneurs Network. Max is an extemely motivating and inspiring person I have the awesome pleasure of knowing. His organized networking events have empowered the business community in New York City by stimulating growth with positive associations formulated between business owners and professionals.


What is the name of your company and what products or services does it provide?

Max Media Worldwide is one of the nation's fastest growing, 100% Hispanic owned; marketing consulting firms based in New York. They specialize in developing customized campaigns to generate immediate product sales, increased advertising response or enhanced brand-identity for your company’s product or service. For more info, visit our website www.maxmw.com or call us at 212-591-0004.

What role do you play in your organization?

Max Ramirez, President & Chief Marketing Officer

As a successful person, how did you get started?
I have always had the drive to succeed. I started working real hard at a very young age and then decided to work smart. In the past I felt that if I got educated and worked hard I would really climb the corporate ladder and be successful. Although, that wasn't the case. I worked for several well-known advertising and media companies and felt there was a need to offer more to clients than just a specific media vehicle. In addition, the huge advertising agencies were going after the typical "ACME" advertisers and were ignoring the small businesses in the community. That's when I said, I'll help out that small company grow and not only offer them radio. I'll offer them radio, TV, print, creative and consulting. Booom a package that will help their company with increased sales and brand image.

How did you learn what it takes to succeed?
By working hard every day and staying focused on achieving my goals.

What personal/family activities do you enjoy?
I love spending quality time by myself since I'm single. Weekend getaways are always fun. At the same time, I look for new business.

What experiences in your life have helped you expand who you are as a person? Seeing my family just live an average life has made me work harder every day.

What are your concerns about the world today?
Unity. Everyone is just out for himself or herself. We need to touch as many people as we can. By giving back to our community and simply by sharing a few encouraging words to your teenage neighbor next door. I have been actively involved as a motivational speaker to various local local high schools and colleges in New York City. In addition, I started an organization called the New York Entrepreneurs Network www.nyen.org. We have built a community of entrepreneurs in NYC, where they meet on a monthly basis to share ideas and support each other.

If you had all the time and all the money you needed, what types of things would you do? (Consider money as no object)
I will see to it that every child has the opportunity to a great education and get the support to achieve what he/she wants to become.

Are there any tips or advice you would like to offer people?
Everyone has his or her own way of thinking and personality. All I can suggest is to don't be afraid to ask for help. There are plenty of people willing to help. If you don't ask - you don't get!

Are people more interesting than product stories?Absolutely.
We make the product, not the other way around.

What are your goals and aspirations for the future?
Max Media Worldwide offices in every location I own property.New York, Miami, California, Chicago, Texas, Puerto Rico & Dominican Republic

What obstacles do you have to overcome to achieve your goals?
It's been a challenge building my team. When you are small it's hard to find dedicated and talented people to work for you. They don't see the big picture.

Which people have been role models to you?
Definitely not Trump. hahaha! I don't admire people that always had the good life and had riches passed down to them. Anyone can hire a good public relations firm or team up with someone like Mark Burnett to produce their reality show. I like to hear and read about true success - starting with nothing, from the bottom - up!

What are your favorite books, computer programs, or forms of entertainment? I read most books on self-improvement, successful entrepreneurs, motivational tapes by Robert Kiyosaki and Tony Robbins. Entertainment hmmmmmmmm, I am entertainment. hahaha. I love the nightlife scene. As much as I try to run away from it, it keeps coming back. That is why I am looking for an investor to partner with me on a few nightlife ventures.

What is it that you are most passionate about or gives you the greatest enjoyment in life?
It's the little things in life that give me the greatest satisfaction...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a childhood friend of Max', I am always impressed, but never surprised at his accomplishments. He's a smart (always has been), funny and charismatic guy with a HUGE heart. I know the circumstances of how we grew up and he's been able to overcome he obstacles that stood in the way of his achieving success. He's always an inspiration and I can't wait to see the great things that are ahead for him. Keep doing it Max - I'll see you at the top!

Jenny Fernandez
General Manager
WBMB - Baruch College Radio

Anonymous said...

This comment ir more on a personal level than bussiness, ive known Max for many years now all which has been a pleasure. Max is a stand up guy who always keeps it real, even if you might not like him you have to respect him. Max i wish you the best in all your ventures, i say the best because i know you never settle for less.


Anthony Diaz